Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hub Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub Caps

Have 0-540 and Cleveland wheels with double puck brakes. 8.5 tires. I read, probably ten years ago on the old BH site, you should never drill into the wheels. Does anybody have a slick way to provide a hub cap mount without tapping into the wheel?

Cleveland 6" wheels have 3 drilled and tapped holes for hubcaps. At least the two pair I have do.

Comment

Ditto for my wheels.

Comment

Fascinated to know how the -540 relates to this?

I drilled and tapped the 3 holes in my wheels right through to install bead-lockers. So that is more stress on the wheel than a blind hole halfway through to secure a hubcap.

I also have a -540 installed

Comment

All Cleveland’s I’ve looked at have three holes for mounting hub caps. The Alaska Bushwheel wheels had the holes too which I used to mount my Baby Moons.

CCC8AA66-A130-42DB-9E4C-B0F3EA4EB7D4.jpg

Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

• Bcone1381
            Bcone1381 commented
            Editing a comment
            This look awesome John!!

My Grove wheels have 3 (6-32) holes predrilled into them. I also have a -540.
          Rob Caldwell
          Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
          EAA Chapter 309
          Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
          YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
          1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

My Cleveland 6 inch wheels also are drilled and threaded in three places for a hub cap. I don't have a -540. I have a-360. They go all the way around.

Comment

Alternatively, look at a Champ parts manual for details on how the hubcaps mounted off a single central screw. That’s what I am looking at for my Bh4

Comment

Working...
              X