Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Quarter 2019 Beartracks is Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Quarter 2019 Beartracks is Out!

I've just sent out the latest issue of the Beartracks newsletter. This issue includes an update from Bob about his post-crash condition, an article about tool organization from Mark Johnson, an article about runway repairs from Pat Fagan, and my long-promised (sorry whee ) and anti-climatic autopilot tale of woe.

If you are a subscriber and don't see it in your inbox, please send an email to web@bearhawkstore.com so that we can figure out why.

If you are not a subscriber but would like to be, here is a link where you can do that:

The content from this issue should be live on bearhawk.tips later this week, which is about when the paper copies should arrive to paper subscribers.

Thank you all for your support as subscribers and contributors. We can always use more content and welcome contributions from builders at all stages, and even from Bearhawk folks who aren't builders. The newsletter is an important part of the community, and its proceeds go towards funding several Bearhawk utilities.

On Google Earth I took a look at N21, the airport where Bob had his accident. That place was, and still is an accident waiting to happen. The power lines are right at the runway 14 threshold. There are no displaced threshold markings on the runway. Unmarked power lines can be very difficult to see. I find it hard to believe they are not. That needs to be fixed. Even marked it looks pretty dangerous.

Comment

I see displaced threholds for both directions at N21. ...and power lines at both ends. (not saying that spotting all this would be easy while flying and not expecting an issue)

Comment

Originally posted by jaredyates View Post
        I've just sent out the latest issue of the Beartracks newsletter. This issue includes an update from Bob about his post-crash condition, an article about tool organization from Mark Johnson, an article about runway repairs from Pat Fagan, and my long-promised (sorry whee ) and anti-climatic autopilot tale of woe.

If you are a subscriber and don't see it in your inbox, please send an email to web@bearhawkstore.com so that we can figure out why.

If you are not a subscriber but would like to be, here is a link where you can do that:

Thanks Jared! Read through it and it was great. Loved the autopilot writeup, I followed the thread but it was great to see it all written out. Thanks!
        John Wiltberger
        Model B - #1544B
        Maricopa, AZ

Comment

Jared,
          I appreciate your dedication and drive, getting Beartracks published every quarter. I wish I had something useful to contribute in the form of an article, but I find I'm the one who benefits from all those who went before, instead of the one doing the pioneering. So thanks for all you do for us!
          Jim Parker
          Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
          RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

• jaredyates
            jaredyates commented
            Editing a comment
            I think lots of folks would like to hear about your Solidworks journey as it relates to Bearhawk tasks.

I liked the fabric termination idea around the hinges. Definitely a cleaner way of terminating fabric around anything that penetrates.

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
            Mark Goldberg commented
            Editing a comment
            We have started providing the aluminum parts for around the hinges with all our kits. Mark

• rodsmith
            rodsmith commented
            Editing a comment
            Learned that method from Budd Davidson on the old yahoo group a long time ago, easy to make.

Jared,

Thanks for getting Q2 of Beartracks out.

One question I had about Bob's accident. Do we know what kinda of restraint system he was using, and what was the headrest on the back of his front seat like?
          I can only assume that he had at minimum a shoulder harnes and some form of extended head rest?

-qboiler
          4-place bravo plans #1445B.
          Build start date, Aug 1, 2017
          Cell- 773 21 QUANT (Bearhawk calls welcome)
          No website yet.

Comment

This is an old photo of at least the upper portion. I wouldn't have reason to think it has changed since this photo. IMG_0016.JPG

Comment

Working...
            X