Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware of Unauthorized Sources, Sketchy Russian Bootleggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Unauthorized Sources, Sketchy Russian Bootleggers

Be advised, there is a website with the URL buildandfly(dot)shop selling bootleg copies of all sorts of copyrighted airplane building resources, including Bearhawk plans. In case it wasn't obvious, this site is not one that you want to interract with. It is highly unlikely that they will provide you anything in return for your money, but if they do, you'll not have the license to build, and associated support. Their business model is getting you to provide a payment method so that they can take as much of your money as possible.

This isn't the first time Russians have done something similar, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Just restating what is hopefully obvious... If it seems too cheap to be true, it probably is.

Don't know if it's worth the trouble, but Bob could make a complaint to the site host?

В статье разберем правила рассмотрения жалоб правообладателей на нарушение пользователями услуг хостинга исключительных прав на использование результатов интеллектуальной деятельности и (или) приравненных к ним средств индивидуализации.

Comment

Your Govt must have an internet watchdog who could assist?

Comment

Originally posted by Battson View Post
        I had to censor my reply because it might be taken as political...

Comment

• zkelley2
          zkelley2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha, ya..... about that.

Hey guys, I'm considering building a 4 place, but wanted to buy plans first. I see the main site has been down for days, as far as I could tell. http://www.randbaircraft.com/aircraft-plans. With that said, who would I contact for pricing/ordering plans for scratch build?

Comment

• JimParker256
          JimParker256 commented
          Editing a comment
          Contact Bob Barrows directly – he's more of a "phone" guy anyway... His number is (540) 473-3661.

Originally posted by Battson View Post
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, it’s SOOO tempting!

Bill

Comment

• jaredyates
          jaredyates commented
          Editing a comment
          You don't know how much I appreciate you resisting the temptation... thank you!

Looked at the site.... many other manufactures listed... sonex...vans rv... ect

maybe you and the other manufactures should keep intouch .... together contact PayPal and strip these guys of thier income stream... without PayPal it’s hard for them to do this

sonex does do something interesting to make copying hard.... they have unique aluminum wing cap strips that they own the extrusion tool..someone could copy the plane... but would be stuck with no unique part....
        Last edited by way_up_north; 11-14-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• jaredyates
          jaredyates commented
          Editing a comment
          I sent a note to the EAA to see if they'd be interested in leading some sort of intervention, since all sorts of types are being pirated.

I saw a notification in this week’s EAA e-Newsletter that reflects this. They got the word
        Christopher Owens
        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

it looks like that web site is down now

Comment

This would be one of the many reasons I was cautioning on sharing any kind of CAD files online. When you start sharing, who knows who ends up with it.

Comment

Working...
            X