Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel lines - advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel lines - advice

Should I be running these lines outside as in the pic, or inside ?
    Anyone have any photos of this wing root area with wings attached ? I’m finding it hard to visualize. Thanks.

EC425085-D7C6-428F-A190-370C445A26E2.png
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

I did it that way.

Comment

May interfere with the windshield that way, check to be sure. I run them inside and come out behind the windshield post. Keep it as low as possible.
      Attached Files

Comment

• rodsmith
        rodsmith commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good point, I measured to make sure they cleared the windshield.

IMG_20201122_105256628_HDR.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

I ran them inside, but there is room to go outside. If I did it again I would do it like yours - I think it will look better than mine.
        Almost flying!

Comment

How are folks securing it to the frame, and is wear against the frame a concern?

I was going to use spiral plastic protector and nylon string to tie it to the vertical post. But that might be overkill.
          Dave B.
          Plane Grips Co.
          www.planegrips.com

Comment

I used some short sections of clear plastic tubing, and some waxed twine wrapping the fuel line to the pillar. Not my idea, someone else posted it a while back. It seems to work fine. I also ran my lines outside like in Nev's picture. It clears the windshield on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer39J View Post
              How are folks securing it to the frame, and is wear against the frame a concern?

I was going to use spiral plastic protector and nylon string to tie it to the vertical post. But that might be overkill.
              I welded some tabs and used adel clamps to keep it off the tubing.

Comment

Working...
              X