Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Pump orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump orientation

Does anyone know if the lower section of the fuel pump can be rotated to reverse the orientation of the in/out ports ? It would be much easier if I could have the “in” on the port-side as my fuel line exits the firewall in that vicinity. It looks like it’s been designed to facilitate rotating to customise the alignment but not sure if it can actually be done. (Disregard my label, it’s wrong as per another pump type.)

Cheers.

7A1FE5A5-BD7A-4C05-AD9F-C269D5B03056.jpeg
    Nev Bailey
    Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
    YouTube - Build and flying channel
    Builders Log - We build planes

Hey Nev, I would consult the manufacturer.

Comment

LOTS of good info about fuel pumps in this 15 minute Tempest Fuel Pump video. At 14:50 it shows a disassembly of the pump. It seems to me like a qualified shop might be able to around 180 degrees giving you a non-standard part and cause service issues in the future.

How they work, common errors, and problems, how air in the system effects the pump, all sorts of goodies.

Brooks Cone
      Southeast Michigan
      Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• Bcone1381
        Bcone1381 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha!!! I see this video was posted on another thread today by another member!!! Interesting!!

Just watched the video @zkelley2 posted on engine driven (spring driven) fuel pumps. Towards the end, the video talks about specialty tools for disassembly and maintenance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxT4RAEssnw
      Rob Caldwell
      Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
      EAA Chapter 309
      Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
      YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
      1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

• Bcone1381
        Bcone1381 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jinx........

• robcaldwell
        robcaldwell commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! Within 3 minutes of each other!

I have a busted one in my hangar Nev, for spare parts, if you want to have a look inside one?
      Personally, I would just route the fuel lines to use the existing ports. They are flexible lines and it's easy enough to re-route around obstacles. Use adel clamps as required.

Comment

Originally posted by Battson View Post
        I have a busted one in my hangar Nev, for spare parts, if you want to have a look inside one?
        Personally, I would just route the fuel lines to use the existing ports. They are flexible lines and it's easy enough to re-route around obstacles. Use adel clamps as required.
        Thanks Jon. Mike and Pat Scotter gave me the same advice so I’ll do that.
        Nev Bailey
        Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
        YouTube - Build and flying channel
        Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Working...
        X