Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Model B First Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you captured one of the most exhilarating moments and shared it with us...big thank you

Appreciate you taking the time to upload interesting content to YouTube.... it’s invaluable ... a design like the Bearhawk is timeless ... your videos will be inspiring builders for many years to come..
    Last edited by way_up_north; 05-20-2021, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Congratulations Rob, nice video, very nice airplane now its time to have fun.

George 493

Comment

Beautiful airplane and such a professional job of documenting the first flight! Congratulations

Comment

That is so wonderful! Congratulations!

Comment

I presume we'll see you and your bird at OSH? Hope so!

Comment

• robcaldwell
              robcaldwell commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. Mark has asked me to place it in the Bearhawk booth for the duration of Airventure.

Rob, that was awesome! Absolutely first class build and vidiography throughout. I’m sure that all of us on the forum are all very pleased to see you bring your impeccably high standard to preparation and test flight and then succeed so handsomely. I know I am. I’m sure none of us expected any less, but how great it is to see your meticulous, professional approach validated. My favourite parts: takeoff before the displaced threshold. Yes! Also, view from your copilot’s head-cam down through the transparent door-awesome! You and your project embody the very best of experimental aviation. Great Job!

Comment

• robcaldwell
              robcaldwell commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the very kind words! In turn, I am rewarded in knowing that I was able to give back in some way that might possibly help or encourage someone else along the Bearhawk build journey.

It takes a special person to turn an assemblage of parts into a flying machine. I think I'd want him in my foxhole.
            Gerry
            Patrol #30

Comment

• robcaldwell
              robcaldwell commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Gerry.

Very cool, Rob! Way to go!
            Jim Parker
            Farmersville, TX (NE of Dallas)
            RANS S-6ES (E-LSA) with Rotax 912ULS (100 HP)

Comment

Congratulations Rob. Beautiful airplane and fantastic job on the video. Very professional. I have enjoyed all your videos. I will miss the build videos!!
              John Snapp (Started build in Denver, CO) Now KAWO -Arlington Washington Bearhawk Patrol - Plans #255 Scratch built wing and Quickbuild Fuselage as of 11/2021. Working on skinning the left wing! -Ribs : DONE -Spars: DONE, Left wing assembly's: DONE., Top skins : DONE YouTube Videos on my building of patrol :https://m.youtube.com/user/n3uw

Comment

• robcaldwell
                robcaldwell commented
                Editing a comment
                Just stay tuned for the flying videos! It is the Bearhawk Life channel after all!

Congratulations Rob, its beautiful build and thanks so much for documenting it here. Looking forward to some performance numbers!!!

Comment

Congratulations, Rob! I've enjoyed your youtube channel.
                I made my first flight in my S7S about a month ago. We were always at around the same point in the build process. Unfortunately I am now waiting for a new replacement engine from Rotax.

Comment

• robcaldwell
                  robcaldwell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks and glad you enjoy the channel. It's been fun making videos!

Sorry to hear about the Rotax!

Rob
                ditto to all the members sending you their best wishes. A wonderful result and your sharing of your build videos have been very helpful to others. The little pointers in the few videos I have watched have been little helpful gold nuggets. Thankyou and well done
                Peter
                Maitland, Nsw Australia

Comment

• robcaldwell
                  robcaldwell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're welcome, Peter! My purpose has been fulfilled if you have gathered anything from what I have posted!

Congratulations on a beautiful aircraft. And thank you for sharing the journey with your videos. They are very helpful as I work on my project.

Scott
                Scott Ahrens
                Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

• robcaldwell
                  robcaldwell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, Scott! So glad they have been helpful for you!

Here's another perspective from the ground.

Rob Caldwell
                Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
                EAA Chapter 309
                Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
                YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
                1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Well done Rob!

Comment

Working...
                  X