Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

visit to kit factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visit to kit factory

Last week some friends hopped me down to see the kit factory in their Mooney Rocket (305 HP). 190-210 kts all the way there and back. These friends owed me a favor and had told me a couple years ago they wanted to see the factory. He has been a professional pilot and has owned this Mooney for 20+ years. I felt confident to fly with him and his wife who is also a pilot.

Not to start any discussion about this - but going in their Mooney seemed like a very good idea in this age of Covid compared to traveling through airports and airliners with lots of people.

I thought I would post of couple pics of things you guys might find interesting. We had been going to a big metal shop with 12 ft hydraulic bending brakes to make the wing stiffener channels - 12 ft long. But much of the parts they made were not usable. So my guys made a 12 ft brake around a railroad tie as the main structure. Weighs over 3,000 lbs. I hope they do not have to move it. And you can see the channels skin stiffeners made on it.

We have successfully ramped up production in the last few months, and will take further steps if the orders keep coming in like they have been. We added 320 sq meters to the 400 sq meter building we have worked in since the beginning. And hired new workers. New tools + more space + more workers = more production.

Every year around Dec 12 we have a get together with the workers and their families. For the dia de La Virgen de Guadalupe - the patron saint of Mexico. This year the families did not come - just the workers. And we cooked four young goats on spits around a bed of charcoal. I thought yall might like the picture of what was cooking. It was fantastic. The goats looked skinny and was not going to be enough for everyone. But one whole goat was left over when everyone was full.

I wish everyone a great Christmas and New Year, and hope 2022 is better and more normal than 2021. Mark bending brake.jpggoats on spits.jpgwing skin stiffener channels.jpg

That's pretty cool Mark...thanks for posting the pics!

Comment

Right on Mark! I’m happy for you and everyone at the factory. A high note in a crazy time.
      Almost flying!

Comment

Great to hear that business is good and the factory is expanding
        N678C
        https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
        Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Nice stuff the mother of invention and the BBQ looks awesome, Happy holidays

Comment

New tools and BBQ too. Doesn't get a lot better. Thanx Mark!
            Patrol QB #312
            Buchanan Airfield
            Concord, CA

Comment

Great pics Mark and thanks for posting them. Glad you are back safe and sound.

Comment

A 3,000 pound 12 foot DIY brake, and goats on a spit... How do you top that?

Seriously though, congrats on the increase in kit sales and the expansion of the factory with new hires!

The beginning of the BEARHAWK BOOM!
                Rob Caldwell
                Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
                EAA Chapter 309
                Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
                YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
                1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Working...
                X