Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video about Bearhawk Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video about Bearhawk Building

Check out this video featuring Rob Caldwell!

It's not perfect and I am aware that I made a few misstatements, so I hope the forum isn't too hard on me. Thanks, Jared.
    Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

You are a natural in front of the camera Rob, and it is clear that you have put a lot of thought into your build.... Great video and a real pleasure to watch, other than choking on my coffee at 6:40
      that dash is outstanding!

Comment

"Late nineties... early nineties, mid nineties - whatever!" Great video. I learned a few things.

I would love to see more videos like this for various builders out there, kit and scratch. It's interesting seeing the different approaches people take in their process and in their workshops. Or spare bedrooms as the case may be.

Mark
        Scratch building Patrol #275
        Hood River, OR

Comment

Nice job. Nice panel. Thanks for the effort.

Comment

When I saw you were the subject of the video Rob, I was hoping you wouldn't give incorrect answers to the fellow's questions. As a first time builder. But you did very well. Seriously. There were some minor things you said that were not correct - but VERY few. You did good. Mark

Comment

It is a great casual introduction to what it takes to build a Bearhawk! Perhaps not as perfectly accurate as a research paper but much less boring. It is really hard to talk about anything for 25 minutes and not retroactively think of better ways to say things. On the whole I think it's a win for its intended audience, and it will likely introduce lots of new people to the planes we love.

Comment

Thank you everyone! This group is important to me and I respect everyone here. I really only wanted to promote the Bearhawk and what it means to me. I honestly had no idea the video was going to be that long. He just started recording and asking questions. So I made a few bumbles but am also overall pleased with the results. Thank you again!
                Rob Caldwell
                EAA Chapter 309
                1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Good job Rob! Very informative and should be well received by potential Bearhawkers! I'm glad you mentioned the forum and all three models of the Bearhawk!

Comment

Great job Rob! Your plane is looking good. When you lifted up the wing skin I started drooling. Every time I see the inside of factory wings I get jealous; the quality is awesome. Maybe someday I’ll get to have factory wings on my plane.
                    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

Comment

Rob, a very informative video, as is your website. I’ve spent quite a lot of time browsing and your photos help clarify a lot of questions I have.
                      Nev Bailey
                      Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
                      YouTube - Build and flying channel
                      Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Great video.....there is not that much video online for the Bearhawk...this is a home run....the plane looks BIG....and swisswatch craftsmanship....bravo sir

i also really liked the video you did on the brakes....well done and very educational...

Please film more of your build, you're a good narrator and as already posted a natural in front of the camera....

Last edited by way_up_north; 02-04-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Great job Rob. Your interior looks very nice, what is the material?

Comment

robcaldwell Rob I just watched your latest video that showed your carbon molded door frames. Very innovative! I’m sure a link here would be well received by others.
                            Nev Bailey
                            Christchurch, NZ

BearhawkBlog.com - Safety & Maintenance Notes
                            YouTube - Build and flying channel
                            Builders Log - We build planes

Comment

Yes, my next video will discuss the carbon fiber door frames I am currently fabricating. BIG JOB! But it satisfies what I wanted and I would not have been happy otherwise. Here's the link you're not already familiar with my channel:

Welcome to Bald Pilot. (formerly Bearhawk Life) My name is Rob Caldwell and I created this channel for the purpose of sharing my experience building and flying experimental airplanes. In May of 2021 I completed the build of my Bearhawk Model B (4 place) kit. In August of 2023 I sold my Bearhawk to begin the journey to build another experimental kit airplane. The Sling TSi. Follow along as I share my life with airplanes!
                              Rob Caldwell
                              EAA Chapter 309
                              1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

• zkelley2
                                zkelley2 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You're doing one piece doors correct? Did you raise the door sill?

• robcaldwell
                                robcaldwell commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yes. I talk about that here. https://bearhawk4place.blogspot.com/...ing-doors.html

Ignore the portion where I discuss building the gull wing doors out of the steel door frames from the kit. I have since made carbon fiber doors. Will have a video up on that soon.
                            Working...
                            X