Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine and prop cable brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine and prop cable brackets

I was going to start making brackets to hold the ends of the engine and prop control cables and realized lots of other folks have gone down the same path. A quick check on Van's web store found their solution. Any reason not to use them? I am using a cu5000 governor instead of the Hartzell.

I used the vans bracket for the throttle and mixture. It was a little too long which is better than being a little too short.

Comment

I picked up my throttle and mixture cable bracket from Airflow Performance, since my engine is equipped with their FI system. The prop control control bracket came with the RV-10 FWF kit I am using, which also includes the control cables (vernier prop and mixture).
      Rob Caldwell
      Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
      EAA Chapter 309
      Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
      YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
      1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

i think the governor you're using might matter regarding if their prop cable bracket works. Van's sells the MT and Harztell S series.

I built the bracket for the hartzell governor that came on the engine I bought, but never checked to make sure the governor was the right one. It's not... so I'm going back and forth on which governor to go to. Stay the old hartzell style with the teardrop like I have or get a new Czech/PCU5000 one and re-route the cable and build a new bracket or take a chance on the van's bracket and maybe save a few hours of fabrication.
        Last edited by zkelley2; 11-03-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

On second thought, I didn't use a Vans FWF kit, just cooling tin. Too many variables. I will just roll my own.

Comment

Working...
          X