Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hangar Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to hear this Jared

Comment

That's appalling, Jared. So sorry that happened.

Comment

Simply horrible. You and your family will be our prayers. Please let me know if I can help in any way
        Scott Ahrens
        Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

Jared, I’m really sorry about your loss…gotta be tough.

Comment

IMG_20210822_143704129_HDR.jpg

Comment

• sjt
              sjt commented
              Editing a comment
              I actually had a morbid interest in whether the primer survived. I think I am using the same green primer that can be seen on the sheet metal from over spray.

I remember you used a rental sand blaster to apply it. Testing the primer in real world conditions like this is helpful to my build. From the picture it seems that the paint on the fuselage survived. That and the harbor freight press.
              Last edited by sjt; 08-23-2021, 09:29 AM.

• sjt
              sjt commented
              Editing a comment
              I use a lot of harbor freight tools in my build. It is good to know that I can set them on fire, and the quality will not change.

• jaredyates
              jaredyates commented
              Editing a comment
              Stan, most of the primer on the fuselage is factory paint. I removed the paint in a few areas and in those areas, I used a sandblaster to get down to good metal, then applied EP420. In several areas I topcoated the EP420 with Aerothane. I was out there today looking at the paint, and it is still mostly adhered to the steel. Also, there are some wing pieces left, particularly the thicker sections of the spar sandwich, and the primer persists on those also. The paint isn't flawless and I'm sure it is changed chemically, but it also doesn't rub off.

Wow, that really sucks. Heartbreaking to be sure when you consider the blood sweat and tears that went into building that plane
            N678C
            https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
            Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

Good grief! Talk about total destruction. So sorry to see this

Comment

That is totally appalling and distressing.
                Here, we all understand the love and care with with the aircraft is built. This would have to be the ultimate definition of "total loss", without people being physically harmed. Very upsetting.
                Deepest sympathies.

Comment

• robcaldwell
                  robcaldwell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very upsetting indeed. I've flown in that bird several times with Jared. Hate seeing this...

Jared,

My condolences on the loss of your Bearhawk and hangar. Many of us in the community have benefited from your input and wisdom as a direct result of your relationship with your Bearhawk. There is more going on there than meets the eye. Hope you and your family
                will have an opportunity to get back on course, what ever direction that takes, soon. There is a whole community out here to lean on.

Kevin D
                KCHD

Comment

• jaredyates
                  jaredyates commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Kevin, your encouragement means a lot.

Deeply sorry that this misfortune has befallen one who selflessly gave so much to so many.

Comment

Jared,
                  Was so sorry to here this, it has to be devastating. All the best to you and your family in quickly recovering in whatever way that means.

Comment

Hi Jared.
                    Sorry for your loss. I'd be devastated as I'm sure you are. Hard to keep positive, but please do. This community is here for you as you have been here for us.
                    Regards, Brian, Cora, and Sean

Comment

Jared, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. The transition training you provided me in your fantastic flying Bearhawk was invaluable. It was so fun to fly.
                      But more importantly I got to meet you, who I now consider a friend. Aviation needs more wonderful guys like you. All of us Bearhawkers wish you the best in the future.

Comment

Jared any idea what started the fire yet? I hope you can rebuild soon.

Comment

• jaredyates
                          jaredyates commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not yet, hope to hear what the county folks think in the next day or two.

• davzLSA
                          davzLSA commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It would be interesting to hear the cause, it could be a valuable lesson learned for us all.

Wow, real sorry to see this Jared! Grab the insurance and move forward.

Comment

Working...
                        X