Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DavzLSA progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave
    some good progress there on the fin - a nice piece of work.
    Peter

Comment

• Nice work Dave! I found building the fin to be very rewarding. Was one of the first steps that made the fuselage start to look like and airplane.
      I'm a Tapatalk user so I can't see your "comment"

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement guys, Im on vacation this week so I hope to get a lot done, ill be posting on my progress.

Comment

• HI Guys, More progress to report today, finally got the horizontal stabs fitted and that pesky little tab the the elevator bearings attaches to welded in. I got the elevators installed as well. I have a full range of motion. As anyone who has installed these you know what a pain it is. Here are the pic.

Comment

• Hi Guys, More progress today, got the tail wires fitted and the trim system in, still need to finish assembling the trim system, just have the parts fitted together. Ill post more later.

Comment

• Hi Guys made a little more progress today. I got the elevator trim system drilled and fastened together. I found that my elevators will only go up 23 degrees so I will need to cut the elevator bearing tab loose and move it up some. That is a tricky part to get right. Comment and suggestions are welcome,

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
                Mark Goldberg commented
                Editing a comment
                Usually the stop that limits travel is a piece of tube welded between the two upper longerons. Mark

• Hi Guys, More progress today, I got my elevator fixed, it now deflecting per the specs, I also got the idle arm installed. Hope you like the pictures,

Comment

• Hi Guys, More progress today, I got the trim tabs cut loose from the elevators and got the hinge pins in, I now have functional trim tabs, I also got the front control stick built. Here are the pics

Comment

Working...
                X