Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DavzLSA progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, has anyone else ran into the problem of the front control stick hitting the cross tube the instrument panel attaches to? If so did you just cut off and inch or 2 of the stick?

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
      Mark Goldberg commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave - the stick needs to go under that crossing tube to get full travel. Yes, cut off enough so it clears. Mark

• Dave, I raised the cross member one inch not because I was smart but because my buddy said his knees would not fit, thus all is well. It turns out very helpful even for my 5ft 7inch frame. The leverage is helpful. Stinger

Comment

• Wow Stinger you read my mind, I was thinking about that but had not asked the question yet. I was wondering about the effect of removing an inch or 2 of the stick on the amount of leverage it would take away from the control pressure. I was thinking with the auto servo trim tabs it probably would not make that much difference. Im about the same height as you so the height of the cross bar is not a problem for me either. How much do the auto servo trim tabs lighten the control pressure loads? I always thought of them sort of as power steering. I also noticed how your panel does not sit on top of the cross bar. Was that to give you more space in the cockpit?

Comment

• stinger
        stinger commented
        Editing a comment
        I am sure you know the trim tab reduces stick pressure thus less muscle is required .I only have one trim tab because that's what my plans showed plus I had never seen an actual Bearhawk . My LSA has manual trim. My panel sets on top of the cross bar pretty much as plans state but with less height maybe one half inch. Stinger

• Hi Stinger like the way your panel looks. It is minimum and simple and that is what my panel will be. Im planning on a PFD and a back up altimeter and AS and a tach and engine instruments. I think after I get it flying ill add a transponder. Probably just use a hand held radio to begin with.

Comment

Working...
      X