Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patrol N186BP flies today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol N186BP flies today

My new Patrol flew twice today. I shot some poor video which I can not seem to upload to the forum. But will place it on YouTube and post the link here. A friend did the first flights since he is a professional pilot and teaches tailwheel. Slightly heavy right wing but all else good. He saw 140 MPH IAS at 2400/24 at 2500 ft. Seems about right. Will provide more info as the Patrol flies more. Mark
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Looks great Mark! Congratulations...

Comment

Looks great

Comment

She looks great Mark! Lots of questions. Which fabric system did you use? Constant speed? High prop did you use? That looks like a Cummins spinner. What are your W&B numbers

scott

Scott Ahrens
        Bearhawk Patrol Plans Built

Comment

Great looking plane Mark! Curious as to why you built another Patrol?

Comment

Rod, my first Patrol had an unfortunate incident with a friend flying it. Ground loop. I chose to build a new one rather than fix the old one.

Scott, it has the O360 and instrument panel gadgets from my first Patrol. 80" Trailblazer prop. Standard Hartzell polished spinner. Empty weight is 1224 lbs. We used Poly Fiber through silver. Then Superflight color coat paints on top of that.. That is what my friend likes who shot the paint. Mark

Comment

• rodsmith
              rodsmith commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear that, but you have another beautiful Patrol!

Beautiful Mark!! i especially like the wingtips. Is the "Bearhawk patrol" painted or a decal? If a decal, I think I might want those. Where did you get them?

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
              Mark Goldberg commented
              Editing a comment
              Those are carbon fiber wingtips from Bob, and the letters were taped/masked when the paint was shot. The black letters are just looking through to the underlying carbon fiber. Mark

Originally posted by Flygirl1 View Post
            Beautiful Mark!! i especially like the wingtips. Is the "Bearhawk patrol" painted or a decal? If a decal, I think I might want those. Where did you get them?
            I can make those, either in vinyl to apply, or in tenporary vinyl as a paint mask. Send me a note to web@bearhawkstore.com We will need to know the overall length desired, and color unless it is a mask.

Comment

• Flygirl1
              Flygirl1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Great! Can you get them in a carbon fiber look? When I zoomed in on the iPad, the carbon fiber really showed up and looks pretty cool, in my opinion.

I have a few questions for you Mark;
            1) Are your tires the Desser 8.50 x 6 four ply?
            2) How do you like the little window in the door?
            3) Based on how yours was built (I assume no interior like the the previous Patrol you had.) how could I get my empty weight less than 1200 pounds?
            Brooks Cone
            Southeast Michigan
            Patrol #303, Kit build

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
              Mark Goldberg commented
              Editing a comment
              The tires are 26' Goodyears I already had on hand. Little window doesn't really do much. But it is nice. Not sure if it is worth the trouble though. This plane has a lot of paint on it. Less paint would be a great start. Lighter tires also. Temper foam on the seats is a few lbs. It was heavier than I expected. Mark

Thats a sharp looking airplane Mark!!! Congratulations, looking forward to hearing more about its performance.

Comment

Beautiful Mark! Congratulations!!

Comment

Looks Great Mark!!

Comment

Very nice! Looks great!
                  Wayne Massey - Central Florida
                  BH733
                  LSA23
                  http://www.mykitlog.com/wlmassey

Comment

Mark, your Patrol looks great. Makes me want to fly down and see it in person.

Comment

• Mark Goldberg
                      Mark Goldberg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Frank - it is not here. A YouTube social media guy is flying it around and making videos with it. He has just started. Look for FLY8MA on YouTube. Mark

beautiful airplane Mark, congratulations on the first flight. That the goal im working toward, I know it must be extremely satisfying.

Comment

Working...
                    X