Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need more flying content!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need more flying content!

Guys, we need more content from those with currently flying Bearhawks! There’s lots of great posts about building but so little about flying; we need more flying so those of us still building can see what we are missing out on. 😁

Some guys used to post frequent trip reports and I understand how that can fade, it takes a fair amount of effort. How about starting a thread in the “currently flying” BH forum and just post a couple pics after you go flying. Pictures would be good enough but a short blip/caption of those pics who be even better.

Come on guys! 😄
    Scratch Built 4-place Bearhawk. Continental IO-360, 88" C203 McCauley prop.

I created a Playlist on my YouTube Channel of every Bearhawk related video I could find. I'm up to 76 now. Probably more out there. Still looking.

Rob Caldwell
    Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
    EAA Chapter 309
    Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
    YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
    1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

Excellent compilation! Thanks for the link. Just FYI, I have a few more construction videos on my channel that didn’t make the list. Also Dave Bottita has a number of construction videos on his Desert Bearhawk channel.

Comment

more vids for your list

dream build fly has some fun videos....its a shame they didnt continue

Also B-spot is making some nice stuff

Comment

Great collection Rob! Thanks for sharing.

Here's some crappy video from when I took 6MK to High Sierra 2013.

Comment

I agree Whee. Theres going to be 2 Bearhawk 4's and 1 Patrol flying around my place here in Canada within a few weeks so youtube is going to be getting a work over, lol. After a gruelling 14months, My Patrol is finally done and waiting on Airworthiness documentation. I will be posting on a Bearhawk Canada youtube channel but I will be sure to let you all know when I get planes on "the tube"

Comment

The whole photobuket thing killed my enthusiasm. It is disheartening to spend cumulative days of your life creating content, which is then wiped away by an errant company.

Comment

Originally posted by Battson View Post
                The whole photobuket thing killed my enthusiasm. It is disheartening to spend cumulative days of your life creating content, which is then wiped away by an errant company.
                For sure! I’m currently going through the same thing with Flicker.

Comment

Unfortunately when things are free, well, you get what you pay for them usually.

That and you are the product....

Comment

I looked at you photos on the host you use now...can’t remeber the name of it off hand... your photo collection is great..

It’s inspiring stuff... appreciate you taking the time putting it online

was looking up Bearhawk stuff on back country pilot and stumbled on it
                    Last edited by way_up_north; 02-12-2019, 09:42 PM.

Comment

What happened to the Dream,Build, Fly guys? Did they make an official announcement they were curtailing? I appreciate all build and flying videos. I'm not much of a picture taker and I'm in awe of the flyers giving us the great go pro camera shots. I never figured out how to work those picture hosts, if its not stored on my computer I have no idea how to post it.
                      Last edited by Patrol28; 03-02-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrol28 View Post
                        What happened to the Dream,Build, Fly guys? Did they make an official announcement they were curtailing? I appreciate all build and flying videos. I'm not much of a picture taker and I'm in awe of the flyers giving us the great go pro camera shots. I never figured out how to work those picture hosts, if its not stored on my computer I have no idea how to post it.
                        Career and life changes put Brady and Caleb’s projects in hold for the foreseeable future. I check in with them from.p time to time, but no immediate plans that I’m aware of.
                        Christopher Owens
                        Bearhawk 4-Place Scratch Built, Plans 991
                        Bearhawk Patrol Scratch Built, Plans P313
                        Germantown, Wisconsin, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Chris In Milwaukee View Post

Career and life changes put Brady and Caleb’s projects in hold for the foreseeable future. I check in with them from.p time to time, but no immediate plans that I’m aware of.
                          Aww this is super bumming. I just found them today from finishing watching all of alaskabearhawk's videos and wanting to see the lightening holes be made, and I just got my plans in the mail a couple weeks ago. Hopefully there'll be some spark of luck and they'll get back to it, or maybe I'll take up the youtube torch and try putting my progress online.
                          John Wiltberger
                          Model B - #1544B
                          Maricopa, AZ

Comment

Emilie and I decided to run our own website after Google Picassa went offline. We decided that we wanted to maintain ownership of our material and not be depending on a service that might disappear. We can move to a different hosting service anytime we want.

Those interested in seeing our flying activities can follow this link that takes you to a search for posts about flying:

We have two small airplanes, an RV-4 and a Bearhawk, and we have fun flying them to local small airports, and off field landings with other local pilots.

We just installed 31" Bushwheels and have had a bit of fun exploring their abilities, but haven't had a chance to write up a post about it. I'm still waiting for a new 12" Bearhawk Tundra tailwheel to arrive.
                            Last edited by kestrel; 04-24-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I had a wonderful drop in visit today from bearhawk2015. Can't figure out how to post a 10 second 16MB mp4 clip of his soft field take off. I can email it to someone if they can put it in. Sure nice to see him and his nice Bearhawk on my field.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X