Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kit #7 arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    It was the day to remove the engine cowl and nose bowl. Lots of filling and sanding, then rinse and repeat several times
    IMG_4470.jpg
    The I printed on the pinhole filler, so lots more sanding to come. This pinhole filler sands really easily though.
    IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

The last phase of the airflow for the air filter was this fiberglass bracket which will have a metal strip for the riveting process. Laying up fiberglass is getting easy, which is good with the window faring still to come.
    IMG_4472.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    A buddy gave me a really cool gift today
    IMG_4468.jpg

Leave a comment:

• wbolan
    replied
    I was wondering how you attached the carb heat box to the carb? Did you find stud that go into the carb and just use nuts to attach the box? There is not much room in the carb heat box.​

Leave a comment:

• rodsmith
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice work, takes a lot of effort to get a good finish! So glad I'm done with all the composite pieces.

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    What does 25 hours look like?
    A Husky owner and a Carbon Cub owner both looked at my low pressure lip this afternoon and both declared a factory could not have done better.
    IMG_4337.jpg
    5 hours on the mold alone. Too many fills and sanding sessions to bother to count.

The Air Scoop frame did not make it to a priming stage, but it is all fitted and sanded
    IMG_4338.jpg I Owe I Owe it’s off to work I go. Hope to see some of you at Oshkosh

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by Sierra Skydog View Post
    Didn’t mean ? But meant?
    I am trying leave a detailed build for those that will be building in the future. I had no interest in doing videos due to the editing time. I am glad the thread might be of some value

Leave a comment:

• Sierra Skydog
    replied
    Supposed to be thumbs up

Leave a comment:

• Sierra Skydog
    replied
    Didn’t mean ? But meant?

Leave a comment:

• Sierra Skydog
    commented on 's reply
    Lookin’ good….thanks for all the photos?

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Here is the final fit of the low pressure lip before I use the paint on pin hole filler.
    IMG_4322.jpgIMG_4321.jpg I did do a bit of trimming after this photos, but for the most part that is the lip. It measures 2.5” and has a uniform 45 degree angle

Here is how I left it today with the pint on filler drying
    IMG_4325.jpg Also did a lot of work on the air scoop frame, but forgot to take photos. I did cleco in the upper part to the engine cowl.

Goal is to finalize the lip prior to work travel on Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Lots done today.
    Sanded the low pressure lip from this
    IMG_4301.jpg

To this
    IMG_4304.jpgIMG_4305.jpg
    This is how it looks/fits currently

IMG_4306.jpgIMG_4307.jpg
    Then filled in the low spots with SuperFill… Again
    IMG_4309.jpg

Drilled and Cleco’d in the NACA air ducts

IMG_4313.jpgIMG_4315.jpg
    Finished painting the wing root panels and installed them, along with the headset jacks and sight gauges
    IMG_4310.jpgIMG_4311.jpg
    Back to sanding tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Popped my low pressure lip out of the mold IMG_4297.jpgIMG_4298.jpg
    taped off for trimming
    IMG_4299.jpg

Trimmed
    IMG_4300.jpg

and because I love to sand, I filled it in with SuperFill so I can sand some moreIMG_4302.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Pushing sandpaper
    IMG_4293.jpg70914097778__1CD1D776-96B6-492B-9851-F5A637B551BD.jpgIMG_4296.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    I had to fabricate a low pressure lip for the bottom of my cowl for cooling.

5 hours to from and fit the foam. I have a perfect 45 degree angle all the way around.
    IMG_4270.jpgIMG_4275.jpgIMG_4273.jpgIMG_4276.jpgIMG_4272.jpg
    next was to prepared the cowling for the glassing and tape the mold to the cowling.

IMG_4286.jpgIMG_4285.jpgIMG_4287.jpg And then the glassing
    IMG_4289.jpgIMG_4290.jpgIMG_4291.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Sight gauges
    IMG_4266.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X