Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kit #7 arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Pitot / AOA system is all plumbed and secure.
    IMG_5733.jpg
    Screws in the mast/pitot tube are just holding things in place as the mast will get painted black

IMG_5734.jpg IMG_5735.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Left wing light bracket mount all made
    IMG_5727.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Left wingtip fitted and drilled
    IMG_5721.jpg IMG_5722.jpg IMG_5719.jpg

Turned out great, seems things are a lot easier the second time

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Left wing pulleys now have cotter pins and ready to go
    IMG_5711.jpg IMG_5712.jpg IMG_5710.jpg IMG_5713.jpg

Left wing camera power is installed
    IMG_5714.jpg IMG_5715.jpg

Did all the measurements for left wingtip drilling yesterday, wingtip will be drilled today.

Charlie is in the hanger ready for wings to be hung when I get back from my next trip
    IMG_5716.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Doubler for the Aileron cable from the bell crank is installed. Conduit for the wiring is installed, trailing edges of the flaps and ailerons are lined up and have been riveted.
    IMG_5683.jpg IMG_5684.jpg IMG_5569.jpg IMG_5691.jpg IMG_5689.jpg IMG_5682.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Lots has been happening, all the inspection cover backing plates have been installed, pitot tube mast is all riveted into an inspection cover. Pitot plumbing is done. Gas tank Curtis drain hole is cut and fits. I am sure I have missed some stuff in this update, but things are moving fast on the left (2nd) wing

IMG_5596.jpg IMG_5598.jpg IMG_5698.jpg IMG_5702.jpg IMG_5699.jpg IMG_5701.jpg IMG_5697.jpg IMG_5700.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    With the 2nd wing really just a repeat of the first I have not been posting much. All the wiring conduit is installed (same configuration as the first wing), camera power box is installed. Inspection covers are all match drilled, next stage is to drill for the nut plates.

I did F-up an inspection cover yesterday trying to install the pitot mount. NO clue how things went sideways as I measure about 10 times, and then it went to SH!T! Oh well.

So today I made a new cover and cut in the mast mount. I am VERY proud of this. It is a better fit than the one that came with the kit.
    IMG_5596.jpg
    IMG_5597.jpg
    Wing #2 is going well, but off to work for 2 weeks tomorrow.
    IMG_5600.jpg IMG_5598.jpg IMG_5599.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    2nd wing is on the cradle, let the fun begin
    IMG_5528.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Big thing today, first wing is finished. I do have a bit left to do on the wingtip, but the wing is done!
    IMG_5521.jpg IMG_5520.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Poster failure, but I used would to create a wingtip trailing edge closeout and did not take a photo of the wood. The wood was shaped to the extended rib and out to the trailing edge of the aileron. I used Hysol epoxy to put it in place then clamped it as you can see in the photo
    IMG_5430.jpg IMG_5429.jpg

The trailing edge of the wingtip will be the inside edge of the green tape. The wood is in the space between the two green tapes.

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Closed out the aileron area today
    IMG_5419.jpg IMG_5418.jpg

Today was mainly spent sanding the right wingtip after filling pinholes.

Sanding is not fun

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Did the rough sanding on the wing tip light mount
    IMG_5385.jpg

I added more SuperFill and will sand it to the final shape tomorrow.

Finished the wing light and it is all installed
    IMG_5386.jpg
    Started messing with fuel tank to fuselage line measurements. Thanks to Joe Mason I got the AN823-6D (they are non-existent at the moment) and need to drill one more hole for the fuel lines
    IMG_5384.jpg
    Yes the fuel tank is in the wing…. AGAIN…. But will be taken out…. AGAIN…. Once the correct hole locations have been marked for this last fitting.

Leave a comment:

• rodsmith
    commented on 's reply
    Regarding the plastic, it could be much much worse, it was for those of us with the original white plastic the wings kits came with.

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    At some point between the age of 5 and 61 years old pulling plastic off metal ceased to be fun
    IMG_5361.jpg

The main wing skin is no riveted, I left the trailing edge for the time being as I need to put in the stiffener and and playing with the idea of a coat of paint on it prior to riveting.
    IMG_5363.jpg

Fuel tank is in place (temporarily again), the rib is marked to drill holes for the fuel lines. Sadly I have a backordered 45 degree fitting and can’t finish this until it arrives.
    IMG_5365.jpg IMG_5364.jpg
    The cleco’ed panel below the bull tank will be riveted tomorrow in the two middle ribs initially.

Leave a comment:

• Utah-Jay
    replied
    Prepping for the wingtip attach

Lots of tape put down and lines drawn for drilling.

I also posted in the General Section about spacing, I can either go with 2 15/16” or over 4”. Spacing is determined by the rivets as the nutplates have to go between rivets.

IMG_5335.jpg IMG_5334.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X