Bearhawk Aircraft Bearhawk Tailwheels LLC Eric Newton's Builder Manuals Bearhawk Plans Bearhawk Store

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bearhawking Again - N303AP Changes Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearhawking Again - N303AP Changes Hands

In the three months since our hangar fire, we've had lots of helpful outreach, including a generous offer from Mark Goldberg to sell us N303AP. This is the first kit from the factory, and a long time demo plane. As of today the deal is officially done, and we are excited to bring it home as soon as schedules and weather allow. It will take a few months to "build a nest" and prepare it for transition training and such, but there is much to be excited about. This Bearhawk has the model B improvements (it was the prototype for those) and a few extra horsepower compared to our old blue plane. I have several hours of experince flying the plane, including the Texas STOL roundup in 2017 and some demo flights. This plane also has a very special connection to the folks at the factory (for whom yo tengo mucho respeto), and has been the first introduction to Bearhawks for many. We are excited to carry on the tradition and become its latest custodians. Big thanks to Mark for making it available!

Awesome news. Glad to hear it. Congrats

Comment

We did our demo Flt in that plane. It was the last straw in our decision to build one! This is my wife’s surprised expression after the first takeoff
      Congrats on the new bird!
      5F25F1F4-CB4B-43F0-96B6-39E81AD27486.png
      Almost flying!

Comment

Congratulations Jared, that is exciting news!!

Comment

That's great news, Jared! I'm glad you'll have a Bearhawk to fly again, and it seems especially appropriate that it's an airplane that is so familiar to the Bearhawk community.

Comment

Congratulations Jared. I’m sure you’re excited to get back in the saddle again. Some future Bearhawkers will benefit as well, as your transition training was fantastic and some of the most beneficial training I’ve ever had.

Comment

Congrats on the news. Looking forward to seeing her
              N678C
              https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blprojec...=7pfctcIVW&add
              Revo Sunglasses Ambassador
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0...tBJLdV8HB_jSIA

Comment

I had been sort of considering selling N303AP as I just do not need 4 planes. Looking at the UGLY picture of Jared's burned down hanger and the remains of what was his plane, got me to thinking. Jared has done so much for me, Bob, and the BH community that it seemed appropriate to offer it to him. I was very pleased he was interested. N303AP is certainly going to a good home. Mark

Comment

• JimParker256
                  JimParker256 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mark, that was a really classy thing to do. Jared will be a great caretaker for N303AP. Good for both of you!

Congratulations, Jared! It's great to know you're getting back in a Bearhawk. As a future builder it's wonderful to know the transition training will be there when I'm ready. Good luck and enjoy your new plane!

Comment

Congratulations Jared! Mark is right, 3AP is certainly going to a good home! Another 540 Bearhawk here in the Carolinas!
                  Rob Caldwell
                  Lake Norman Airpark (14A), North Carolina
                  EAA Chapter 309
                  Model B Quick Build Kit Serial # 11B-24B / 25B
                  YouTube Channel: http://bearhawklife.video
                  1st Flight May 18, 2021

Comment

• jaredyates
                    jaredyates commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think this makes for some great side-by-side testing opportunities...

That is great Jared. Looking forward to some transition training in the not too distant future! Happy that you didn't have to wait too long for another Bearhawk but I'm sure it seemed too long to you.

Comment

Congrats Jared, I glad to see you back in the air!!

Comment

That's really good news Jared. Great new home for 3AP.
                      Lee
                      Patrol QB #312
                      Buchanan Airfield
                      Concord, CA

Comment

Outstanding news Jared. Congratulations.

Comment

Great news Jarad you have a piece of Bearhawk history

Comment

Working...
                          X